Last updated: 1 December 2023
AMINA Bank AG, its subsidiaries and branch (“AMINA”, “we”, “us”) welcomes you to our website, mobile applications and other services provided via electronic means (together referred to as “Electronic Services”) and appreciate your interest in our services and products. AMINA values appropriate data protection. To understand how AMINA processes your personal data, please consult the documents below.
Privacy Notice for clients
For information on how we use and protect the personal data of our clients, please see our Privacy Notice for Clients.
Privacy Notice for Candidates
For information on how we use and protect the personal data of applicants for employment at AMINA, please read the Data Privacy Notice. For more details please click here.
Privacy Notice for AMINA Electronic Service Users
This page explains how we treat your personal data in connection with the use of our Electronic Services (“Privacy Notice for AMINA Electronic Service Users”), including specific information on tracking technologies such as cookies. By accessing AMINA Electronic Services, you accept the AMINA Privacy Notice for Electronic Service Users If you are not able to read and or understand this Privacy Notice, or if you do not agree to be bound by it, do not access, or use AMINA Electronic Services.
For information on how we use and protect the personal data of AMINA Electronic Service Users, please click on the privacy notice for more information.
Purpose and Scope
This Data Privacy Notice applies to all personal data we obtain through your use of AMINA’s Electronic Services. It does not apply to data we obtain through other channels nor to Electronic Services of third parties (“third-party Electronic Services”), even if you access them via a link in our Electronic Services or even if they are necessary for the operation of our Electronic Services.
Types of data being processed
When using AMINA Electronic Services, details of your usage may be automatically registered by our backend systems (such as IP address, browser, http-header user agent, device-specific information the content you accessed, including time and date of access, usage and user interaction, and the redirecting website from which you came to our Electronic Services). We also process personal data such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, gender and other data transmitted to us if you register for the usage of our Electronic Services or if you complete a registration form or comment field for a specific service (e.g. newsletter, product demos, etc).
Collection of personal data
The amount and type of information, that AMINA gathers, depends on the nature of the interaction:
a) In the case of a merely informative use of the website, i.e., if you do not register or otherwise provide AMINA with information, AMINA only collects the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. On our website, we are using the open-source marketing tool Mautic, which is only operated on servers located in Switzerland. With the help of this tool, we are recording the surfing behaviour of our visitors globally. The software sets cookies on your computer. The data is collected and stored when loading single pages of our website, which is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure its stability and security.
With the help and the installation of a specific plugin for Mautic, which has been developed regarding GDPR compliance, your IP address in the user profile and the corresponding database will, among others, be anonymized. Mautic is configured in such a way that not the complete IP address is saved. Instead, 2 bytes of the IP address are set to 0 (e.g., 87.138.00). Accordingly, linking the shortened IP address to the respective computer and its owner is no longer possible.
b) The processing of your personal data allows us to identify our users, to communicate with you and to analyse our user behaviour. Due to the insight gained through the analysis of the collected data, we are able to gather information about the usage of each of our website components. This helps us to constantly improve our website and its user friendliness, enhance security, prevent fraud, monitor, and verify the identity or services assess, combat spam or other malware security risks. Through anonymizing the IP address, the visitor’s interest in the protection of personal data is sufficiently protected.
c) AMINA does not use such information to identify any person and does not disclose such information pursuant to this Privacy Notice. Our legitimate interest in data processing according to Art. 6, para. 1 (f) GDPR is also based on the previously described purposes .
d) “By using this Website, you consent to the collection of analytical data. This site uses Mautic to analyse traffic and help us to improve your user experience. Part of this collection of analytical data is the Google Search Console and Google AdWords which shows the appearance of our Website in Google search results and is further used to optimize the search performance of our website. By using this Website, you agree to the use of Google Search Console and Google AdWords. Further information can be found under https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US.
In case you generally disagree, you may object to the monitoring of your activities by Mautic with the button below. In that case, a cookie is set which informs our system that your activities are not to be stored. If you delete this cookie from your system, you have to set it again.
Due to this opt-out, not all functions may be available. You can therefore consent to the tracking again at any time.
In case you have activated the “do not track” option in your browser, your user data is generally not stored.
If you receive emails from us, open- and click-rates are additionally tracked. This kind of tracking will still be in place even if you successfully opt-out. This is necessary for campaigns to be correctly executed (e.g. DOI, unsubscribe from newsletter).
Legal ground and purpose of data processing
AMINA processes the data based on the following legal grounds:
- For the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- For compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- For the purposes of our legitimate interests.
AMINA processes the data for the following purposes:
- To comply with bank’s own internal policies;
- To check the identity and suitability of clients for certain products and services;
- To establish a basis for future information on the products and services offered by AMINA and to improve their quality;
- To facilitate technical administration, research and further development in connection with the AMINA Electronic Services;
- To ensure the security and operation of our IT environment;
- To use it for marketing and advertising measures (e.g. newsletters);
- To analyse and monitor the usage, user behaviour and navigation while using the Electronic Services;
- To facilitate client administration.
AMINA processes all your personal data in accordance with the applicable laws on data protection and for as long as required.
Disclosure of data
This Privacy Statement only applies to information collected by AMINA. This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of companies that AMINA does not own or control.
For the provision of AMINA’s services to you, AMINA may transfer or disclose personal data to its affiliates or third-party contractors, subcontractors, in Switzerland or abroad. AMINA may also transfer personal data to third party providers of data backup, security, and storage services, in Switzerland or abroad. All third-party providers shall only use the personal information in connection with the services they perform for AMINA and shall be bound by contracts offering the same degree of protection than what is specified in the present Privacy Notice.
It is AMINA’s policy to use only third-party providers that are bound to maintain appropriate levels of security and confidentiality, to process personal information only as instructed by AMINA and to impose the same obligations on to their own sub-processors, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
The Website may contain links to third party websites. Any information a person provides to, or that is collected by, third-party sites may be subject to the privacy policies of those sites, if any. AMINA encourages each person to read such privacy policies of any third-party sites that such person visits. It is the sole responsibility of such third parties to adhere to any applicable legal or other applicable restrictions on the disclosure of a person’s personal data, and AMINA and its affiliated corporate entities shall not be liable for wrongful use or disclosure of any person’s personal data by any third party.
AMINA undertakes its best efforts to implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to ensure that your personal data processed in the IT environment controlled by AMINA is protected against unauthorised access, misuse, loss and/or destruction, taking into account applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
AMINA adopts both physical and electronic process specific security measures, including firewalls, personal passwords and encryption and authentication technologies. Our employees and our contracted service providers are bound by professional secrecy and must comply with all data protection regulations.
In addition, access to personal data is limited to those employees, contractors and third parties who need such access to ensure the purpose of data processing and the provision of products and services (need-to-know principle).
(2) We use the following types of Cookies:
- Session Cookies: Temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of the browser until you leave the Website. Session cookies are required for you to use the Website and, if necessary, to register or place orders. Session cookies are deleted at the end of the browser session.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies remain in the cookie file of the browser for a longer period. The duration depends on the lifetime of the cookie. Persistent cookies allow the Website to remember the choices you made (e.g., user’s registration data, the language selected, or the region in which you are located).
- Web Beacons: Web Beacons are electronic signs (also called “Clear GIFs” or “Web Bugs”) that allow AMINA to count the number of users who have visited the site.
(3) If you do not want to accept cookies or web beacons, you can refuse them and deny access to previously stored information by setting your Internet browser accordingly. The settings within the browser that allow you to do so vary from browser to browser.
Newsletter / Mailing List
- By using the relevant form on our website, you have the possibility to register for our news service or other informational content. Upon request, we will keep you informed about relevant developments and offers. AMINA uses the double opt-in procedure: When you subscribe to our newsletter/mailing list, for example by entering your e-mail address and by clicking a confirmation field, you will first get a notification e-mail. Only after you confirmed your subscription by activating the relevant link in the notification e-mail you are added to our mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive e-mails or mailings from AMINA, you can unsubscribe in the newsletter itself at any time.
- We process your data associated with the newsletter/mailing list to send you news about and related to AMINA. Furthermore, we also process and use the e-mail address you have entered to send you personalized offers. If a link in the newsletter directs you to our websites, you also give us permission to process and use your IP address, together with geodata, web beacons or similar technologies, to verify whether the offers presented to you in the course of this communication meet your requirements.
Data subject rights
Regarding your personal data, you have the following rights:
- requesting information on personal data that we hold about you,
- demanding that the information be rectified should it be incorrect,
- asking that your data be deleted if the Bank is not permitted or is not legally obliged to retain the data,
- demanding that the processing of your data be restricted,
- objecting to the processing by us,
- transferred in a generally useable, machine-readable, and standardised format.
You also have a right of appeal (as far as this affects you) to the respective Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
Questions & Contact
This statement as well as the notices outlined below may be updated from time to time. We therefore ask you to consult them on a regular basis.
If you have questions about the processing of your personal data, please feel free to contact us by using the following contact details:
AMINA Bank AG
Data Protection Officer
6300 Zug, Switzerland
Changes to this notice
AMINA therefore reserves the right to change this Privacy Notice and will provide the amended Privacy Notice on the Website.
You are therefore encouraged to review this Privacy Notice periodically to be informed about how AMINA is protecting your personal data.